PICK YOUR OWN
Our Pick Your Own fields will be opening from Friday 26th May and will be open daily subject to fruit availability. Tickets will be released in small batches once we know what fruit is ripe and ready to pick so if there are no tickets on sale today, please check back again soon.
An admission ticket is required for everyone who wants to enter the fields. Pre-booking your tickets is advisable, as tickets will only be available on the door if we have spare capacity. Toddlers and babies under 2 years old do not require an admission ticket and may enter free of charge with a full paying adult.
To find out why we charge an admission fee click here
You then purchase the fruit you want to pick at the entry kiosk before entering the field. For current prices, please scroll down.
Our season starts with Strawberries:
1 x 1.4kg punnet = £8.50
2 x 1.4kg punnets = £16
4 x 1.4kg punnets = £30
Please note, whilst we do our best to judge the amount of fruit we will have available, some factors are outside of our control (such as how much each customer picks) and as a result all fruit is subject to availability on the day.
On arriving at Millets Farm Centre follow the signs for the designated PYO car park. Next to the Sprouts car park, this can be found by following the drive straight ahead all the way to the bottom (don’t curve round to the right toward the garden centre) and taking a left at the mini roundabout. Then take the 2nd right towards Sprouts Play Barn and the PYO car park is immediately on your left.
Other useful information:
- Please arrive no sooner than 10 minutes before and no later than 10 minutes after the start of your session.
- Please note there are no toilet facilities in the fields and the nearest toilets are next to the Golf/PYO Kiosk.
- Fruit must be paid for on the day from the kiosk before entering the fields.
- A minimum of 1 punnet of fruit per 2 adults entering the fields must be purchased. Entry will not be permitted should a group decide they don’t wish to purchase this level of fruit.
- You will be given the appropriate number of containers for the amount of fruit you have per purchased only. Picking into any other container is not permitted as we have no way of weighing and charging for the fruit on exiting the field.
- You are able to bring previous Millets containers back on a later visit, providing the pre purchased fruit matches the container you are returning with.
- You must pick the correct fruit into the correct container and different types of fruit should not be mixed.
- No oversized bags or rucksacks or food of any kind are permitted in the fields. This includes bags underneath pushchairs.
Please see full terms and conditions for our PYO fields click here
If you have any queries or questions before booking please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Our 2023 Pick Your Own Sunflowers will open later this Summer. Please keep an eye out on our social media and website for details about opening and which community charity we will be supporting this year.
Supporting our local community
In 2022, sales from our PYO Sunflowers this year were donated to Sobell House. Sobell House recently provided a huge amount of support to the family of Branda Standen – our longest serving Millets employee when she sadly passed earlier this year.
Our chosen charity for 2023 will be confirmed later this year.
In previous years we have also supported Riding for the Disabled (2021) and Barnardo’s (2020).
About Sobell House
Since 1976, they have provided compassionate care to adults with a life-threatening illness, and supported their loved ones. At any given time, they care for around 500 people across Oxfordshire on their ward, in the local hospitals, at home, and through their Living Well service.
To find out more about Sobell House, visit their website www.sobellhospice.org
Our popular Pick Your Own Pumpkins will be back this Autumn, including our new event ‘Pick Your Own by Torchlight’ which will be back for a second year. Full details about our pumpkin patch and other Halloween events will be coming later this year.