PICK YOUR OWN
Pick Your Own has now closed for 2023.
An admission ticket is required for everyone who wants to enter the fields. Pre-booking your tickets is advisable, as tickets will only be available on the door if we have spare capacity. Toddlers and babies under 2 years old do not require an admission ticket and may enter free of charge with a full paying adult.
To find out why we charge an admission fee click here
You then purchase the fruit you want to pick at the entry kiosk before entering the field. For current prices, please scroll down.
Marjorie Seedling Plums
On arriving at Millets Farm Centre follow the signs for the designated PYO car park. Next to the Sprouts car park, this can be found by following the drive straight ahead all the way to the bottom (don’t curve round to the right toward the garden centre) and taking a left at the mini roundabout. Then take the 2nd right towards Sprouts Play Barn and the PYO car park is immediately on your left.
Other useful information:
- Please arrive no sooner than 10 minutes before and no later than 10 minutes after the start of your session.
- Please note there are no toilet facilities in the fields and the nearest toilets are next to the Golf/PYO Kiosk.
- Fruit must be paid for on the day from the kiosk before entering the fields.
- A minimum of 1 punnet of fruit per 2 people, over the age of 14, entering the fields must be purchased. Entry will not be permitted should a group decide they don’t wish to purchase this level of fruit.
- You will be given the appropriate number of containers for the amount of fruit you have per purchased only. Picking into any other container is not permitted as we have no way of weighing and charging for the fruit on exiting the field.
- You are able to bring previous Millets containers back on a later visit, providing the pre purchased fruit matches the container you are returning with.
- You must pick the correct fruit into the correct container and different types of fruit should not be mixed.
- No oversized bags or rucksacks or food of any kind are permitted in the fields. This includes bags underneath pushchairs.
Please see full terms and conditions for our PYO fields click here
If you have any queries or questions before booking please do not hesitate to get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Our 2023 Pick Your Own Sunflowers will open from Saturday 29th July
Supporting our local community
Each year the sales from our PYO Sunflowers are in aid of a wonderful local charity and we are delighted to announce that for 2023 we will be raising money for Style Acre.
In 2022, sales from our PYO Sunflowers were donated to Sobell House. In previous years we have also supported Riding for the Disabled (2021) and Barnardo’s (2020).
About Style Acre
Style Acre supports over 275 adults with learning disabilities and Autism in Oxfordshire. Our person-centred support ranges from 24-hour care for those with complex learning, health and or physical disabilities to a few hours support per week for those who live more independently. We provide an environment for the people we support to grow and develop in their own unique way, with the utmost dignity. Where people with learning disabilities and Autism are valued as equals and given every opportunity to fulfil their potential and live the life they choose.
The people we support are given the freedom and independence to live with peers in a supported environment through supported living households. We also run three community hubs in Wallingford, Didcot and Banbury so that people with learning disabilities can get the best out of their local communities. People can also access sessions at Wantage Market Garden through our Gardening Project, where we teach a range of gardening skills that benefit physical and mental health. Our Work Programme supports people to gain paid and voluntary work opportunities both within Style Acre and our social enterprises and with local companies.
For more information of Style Acre please go to www.styleacre.org.uk
Our popular Pick Your Own Pumpkins will be back this Autumn, including our new event ‘Pick Your Own by Torchlight’ which will be back for a second year. Full details about our pumpkin patch and other Halloween events will be coming later this year.